Saturday, December 8, 2007

Beginnings

The first problem may involve punctuation. Should it be Barnes' or Barnes's? The reference work which would provide the answer is on a shelf about 3 yards away, so I'm never going to find out.

I think everyone starts a blog with what might, nauseatingly, be described as a 'mission statement', and why should I be an exception?

In this space, over the weeks and months to come, you will find me moaning, raging, enthusing and laughing about the problems that dog me and all the random observations and amusements of my life as I and everyone else on the planet (even you) sprint towards the grave.

There. How's that for pretentious and awful? Don't worry, imaginary reader, we both know that I'll lose interest in a few days anyway....

(The 'Barnes bit refers to the original name of this blog...)

1 comment:

  1. Is this it? The best you can do in 3 years? Bloody hell, you ARE a rubbisherer Pepys than I!

    ReplyDelete